Wednesday, September 5, 2012

50 Questions that will Free Your Mind, Question #5

What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

The one thing I think I’d like to change about the world is the amount of hatred spread daily. Yes, "world peace" is the quintessential cause of beauty queens everywhere, but I'm not just talking on a large scale. Oh course, I would love to see no wars, peace in Darfur, and for all the American troops to come home, but I also want to see less hatred at home.

For instance, I would like to see the Westboro Baptist Church help others rather than condemn them. This "church" protests military funerals, other churches, and even the Billy Graham library. Their website is named "God Hates Fags". They have other websites like "God Hates the World" and "Priests Rape Boys". Also, they don't care what you think. Direct quote: "0 - nanoseconds of sleep that WBC members lose over your opinions and feeeeellllliiiiiings." It makes me feel physically sick to look at their website.

I don't think we have to agree on everything. I just want to see a little more tolerance. What has hatred ever accomplished?

No comments:

Post a Comment