Monday, August 27, 2012

975 Days-Update: Goals 1, 28, 45, and 71 complete

I completed a good many goals this week.

Goal 1: I learned the suffixes of common drugs. I probably couldn't spout everything about them out, but I have a general understanding.

Goal 28: Have a movie marathon. I had a girly movie marathon. I watched Sleepless in Seattle (available on instant netflix), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and Step Up. They're all distantly connected too; Sleepless is pictured in 10 Days and Matthew Mcconaughey stars in Magic Mike with Channing Tatum who stars in Step Up.

Goal 45: Buy a lottery ticket. Complete! And I LOST $2, oh well.
Goal 71: Buy a shirt and pants from college. Complete! Actual I bought some fantastic workout clothes with my college logo on them from Nike. You can buy similar shorts here.

Goal 78: One craft with the girls. Bella and I made tornados in a cup.

This isn't my picture. I found this on Pinterest. I would love to link back, but don't know the URL. Anyway, to create this just put water in a cup. Put shaving cream on top for the "cloud". I would recommend just a small amount of shaving cream. Then, put blue food coloring in. When the cloud gets heavy, it "rains". If you put too much shaving cream in, it takes a bit longer to get through. It takes about five minutes, minimal clean up, it's educational, and B. loved it.

Goal 84: Work on Portraits. I will show you some of the better ones when I finish. So far, they aren't turning out that great, but I'm out of practice and they're mostly just sketches.

Goal 88: Try 50 new recipes. We made pizza rolls this week.

Ingredients:
The original recipe made 30 biscuits. I only made 12. You'll be able to eyeball how much cheese to put in, and if you make less you may not use all of the egg.
Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
Cheese-Any kind you want, we used mozzarella
Optional filling: pepperoni, green peppers, etc.
Beaten egg
Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
Garlic Powder
Pizza Sauce

Instructions:
Mash pillsbury buttermilk biscuit.
Top with cheese, pepperoni, etc
Take the edges and fold on top of the filling.
Repeat with each biscuit and place fold down on a greased pan.
Brush with the beaten egg.
Sprinkle garlic powder, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese on top
Bake at 425 for 18-20 minutes. (I did not need to adjust the time for less biscuits, but keep an eye on them)

The original recipe came from The Gunny Sack. It is a phenomenal blog with tons of recipes, and a link for Taco Rolls on the same page.

Goal 99: Give up Facebook for one week. I will be finished on Wednesday. It's actually been harder than I thought because I check it randomly and absent-mindedly.

Things will be slowing down a bit now that I'm back in school! In other news, I've been with Travis four years (8/17). A. turned three (8/20). We took her to Toys R Us. She found one thing for mama to buy, and then, wouldn't pick anything out for me to buy for her! She wanted that one thing, and she was done! Later on that day, I decorated H.D's house with balloons and fans. She had a Spongebob cake that was delicious. She also had a pinata that would just not break! B. started kindergarten the same day, and she seems to love it. Don got a new job, and I started my last semester of college. Whew, that's a ton in one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment