Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reading Challenges

I've decided to join two reading challenges. I'm a little late to the party, but I think I may be able to read the twenty-tree books required for the challenges before the end of 2012.

I'm participating in the Mini YA Reading Challenge to read 12 young adult books. It's been a long time since I read any YA, so I thought it would be a fun challenge.

1. The Awakening< /a>
2. The Lightning Thief
You can join too. You don't need a blog to participate, all YA books count, and you don't have to pick the books in advance. The challenge is hosted by The Eclectic Bookshop.

"The premise is really very simple. It's all about mixing up your reading, pushing your boundaries and exploring new genres. Take a look at the categories below, and choose one book for each category. It's that easy! You can choose to try anything from a gentle 4 to the full 16 different genres, and the book you pick for each is entirely up to you!"

I'm choosing to read eleven of the sixteen difference genres (Mixing bowl level of participation). There are just some categories I don't think I will be able to get into.

The Categories:

  • The Classics Jane Eyre
  • Biography
  • Cookery, Food, and Wine
  • Modern Fiction
  • Crime and Mystery Defending Jacob
  • Horror
  • Romance
  • Sci-Fi and Fantasy
  • Travel
  • Science and Natural history-DONE! Forensic Detective
  • Social Sciences and Philosophy
The challenge is hosted by Musings of a Bookshop Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment