Monday, August 13, 2012

990 Days Left-Goals 72 and 48 Complete

Goals I've Been Working On:

Goal 01: I've been working on suffixes for common drugs. I'm currently making notecards. It's very boring, but something that needs to be done.

Goal 61: Participate in a 5k-I've found one I may run. It's the Komen Race for the Cure for breast cancer. It's at the end of September, so maybe if I train I won't pass out after mile two. I decided if I was going to do one, I might as well do one for a good cause.

Goal 70: I got one of the two matching bras and underwear sets. I actually bought several pairs of underwear that matched with the bra. I'm going to feel like I have it all together, lol. I bought them at Aerie. All bras are 40% off.

Goal 72: Own a skirt and actually wear it-I bought a skirt at Goodwill recently. It was originally from Express. The reason this is a goal is I have problems finding skirts that fit correctly. I am bigger on the bottom, so it has to be long enough that the back doesn't hike up dangerously close to my butt.

Goal 48: Write a letter to someone famous. I chose my favorite author Jodi Picoult to write a "letter" to, and by letter I mean I sent an email. She is the author of My Sister's Keeper among other phenomenal books.

Mrs. Picoult,

Hello, I'm Nikki a twenty-one-year-old nursing student. I first read My Sister's Keeper for a summer reading assignment in high school. I feel in love with the book. I cried like a baby, and then, when I saw the movie I actually had participatory crying-I cried during parts that weren't even sad because I remembered the book (the book was far better than the movie, by the way).

Since then, I've read the majority of your books. I really don't know that I have a favorite. They are all so good! I especially like that you do so much research for your books. Each book feels authentic. I haven't found any inconsistencies, and that's amazing. It's seems that you become an expert on each subject you write about!

I think it's hilarious that The Notebook is the worst book you've ever read. I wouldn't say it's the worst, but I'm certainly not a fan of Mr. Sparks.

I have two random questions for you:

1. What is your favorite movie of all time?

2. If you had a "Bucket List", what is one thing that would be on it?

Thank you so much for being such a fantastic writer,

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment